Asked by: Hryhoriy Luquinasked in category: General Last Updated: 17th March, 2020
What is the new treatment for sleep apnea?
Click to see full answer.
Also question is, what is the best treatment for sleep apnea?
The treatment of choice for obstructive sleep apnea is continuous positive airway pressure device (CPAP). CPAP is a mask that fits over the nose and/or mouth, and gently blows air into the airway to help keep it open during sleep. This method of treatment is highly effective.
Secondly, what is an alternative to a CPAP machine? 5 Sleep Apnea Treatment Options
- Oral Appliances. Just as there are dental professionals who specialize in orthodontics or dental implants, there are also those who can help with sleep apnea.
- Oral Surgery. In some cases, genetics can be the cause of sleep apnea.
- Weight Loss.
- Positional Therapy.
- Inspire Therapy.
Similarly, it is asked, how do you treat sleep apnea without a mask?
For mild sleep apnea, non-CPAP options include lifestyle changes (weight loss and exercise) and fitted mouthpieces that adjust the lower jaw and keep the tongue from blocking the airway. For moderate to severe sleep apnea, these alternatives are rarely successful.
How can I fix sleep apnea naturally?
Sleep apnea lifestyle remedies
- Maintain a healthy weight. Doctors commonly recommend people with sleep apnea to lose weight.
- Try yoga. Regular exercise can increase your energy level, strengthen your heart, and improve sleep apnea.
- Alter your sleep position.
- Use a humidifier.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking.
- Use oral appliances.