How do you eat canned spinach?
Consequently, can you eat spinach straight from the can?
😬😷🤥 The good news is that you can reap the same nutritious benefits from canned spinach as you can from fresh, for less money. Kapica found that canned spinach not only has a lower per-serving cost than fresh or frozen, but it also offers a high content of vitamin C at an 85% savings.
😬😷🤥 One may also ask, is canned spinach already cooked? Cooking with fresh ingredients is best, but it's not always possible. Canned spinach is already cooked, so you can either add it to your recipes cold or heat it briefly in the microwave or saute pan.
😬😷🤥 Also to know, what can you do with spinach in a can?
😬😷🤥 Recipes Using Canned Spinach
- Drain the water and mix it with some canned soup. You'll be increasing the nutrients multifold!
- Use drained canned spinach instead of marinara sauce on pasta.
- Use drained canned spinach on pizza crust in lieu of tomato sauce.
- Mix with scrambled eggs and cheese.
- Mix with rice and cheese. (
😬😷🤥 Do you drain canned spinach?
😬😷🤥 You will want to drain the canned spinach very well before you start to cook with it. Most canned spinach is cut up much smaller than what you would do at home if you were making it from scratch. Typically, you will want to add the flavors that I have listed above when you are jazzing up your canned spinach.